Whip this up whenever you need a little comfort. It's like a hug from your food!
Souped Up Chicken Noodle Soup
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
1 cup diced carrot
1 cup diced celery
1 shallot, sliced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1 cup cooked chicken, diced
5 cups chicken bone broth or chicken stock
1 cup torn lacinato kale leaves, stems removed
1/4 pound @ancientharvest gluten free spaghetti, broken in half
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp oregano
1. Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add shallot, carrot, celery, turmeric and oregano and sauté for 5 minutes or until softened.
3. Add mushrooms and cook for 2 more minutes.
4. Add chicken, stir to combine then pour in chicken broth. Cover and let come to rolling boil.
5. Add pasta and stir to combine. Let cook 8-10 minutes or until pasta is soft. Stir in kale leaves and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Tip: to whip this up in no time roast a whole chicken at the beginning of the week. Then remove chicken and parts from the carcass and store up to a week. Use the carcass to make bone broth in slow cooker by combining with vegetable scraps and enough water to cover and cook on low for 24 hours. Strain and store in fridge for up to a week in sealed container or 4 months in the freezer.