Today marks 33 years around the Sun for me so I decided to compile a list of 33 Things I've Learned in 33 Years. Some points I need frequent reminders of daily and others are more recent revelations in my life as I've made a huge shift even in just this past year of my life.
Hope you enjoy and maybe can relate! :)
1. Timing may be everything but don't be afraid to start!
2. You are stronger than you believe.
3. Even when you think you won't make it through, you do.
4. FAT IS YOUR FRIEND.
5. A number on a scale doesn't define you.
6. YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO BE HAPPY.
7. Guilt is a bitch of a feeling but it can be defeated.
8. It's okay to be a little selfish.
9. NO is the most powerful word you can master.
10. Healthy is not synonymous with skinny.
11. You can never own to many pairs of yoga pants.
12. Black cats are lucky charms ☘️
13. You are never too old to start over.
14. TRUST YOUR GUT
15. Some days, the best you can do is call it quits and hide under the covers.
16. Always remember to breathe.
17. 99% of the things you worry about probably won't happen or won't matter in a year.
18. You only have one body, take care of it.
19. A clutter free house equals a clutter free mind (most of the time).
20. Healthy relationships are key to being well.
21. No amount of yoga will ever calm my road rage...
22. ....but being angry doesn't really get me anywhere faster.
23. Connect with your elders (parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc), you never know when they aren't a phone call, drive or plane ride away.
24. Kindness goes a long way.
25. Grief is a very fluid emotion. Sometimes its quiet but then can flood your mind uncontrollably. Don't dismiss it when it comes. Feel it fully and let yourself grieve.
26. Peanut butter is the best of all the butters, end of story.
27. Don't believe everything you see on the Internet.
28. BE GRATEFUL EVERYDAY
29. You won't be everyone's cup of tea (i.e. don't try to please everyone!)
30. Family first, always.
31. Never be sorry for being who you are (unless you are a really, really terrible person ;))
32. LAUGH MORE OFTEN
33. Live a life you can be proud to live.