Can we all just agree that there are few things greater in life than a perfectly easy and delicious side dish, yes? One that you can put together with your eyes closed, using only a few ingredients and at a moment's notice.
That's what you get with this dish of Roasted Fingerling Potatoes with Lemon Shallot Vinaigrette.
Headed to a friend's house for a last minute brunch? Make these potatoes. Fancy holiday dinner at your in-laws? Make these potatoes. Regular old weeknight dinner when you don't know what to cook....you get the idea.
The beauty of this dish is that it is incredibly hands off. Simply roast some fingerling potatoes and toss with a bright, yet delicate vinaigrette made with lemon and shallot. Top with some parsley and you're set. They're also incredibly portable as you can pre-roast the potatoes and pack the dressing with the parsley in a jar. Just get to where you need to be and put the pieces together. You can even choose to serve the potatoes warm or room temperature - your call!
So whatever you're up to, I hope you give these potatoes a try and prepare to be amazed at how delicious simplicity can be.
ROASTED FINGERLING POTATOES WITH LEMON SHALLOT VINAIGRETTE
Time: 35 Minutes
1.5 pounds fingerling potatoes, scrubbed clean and dried well
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil (or avocado oil)
1/2 teaspoon sea salt, divided
1/4 cup finely chopped shallot
1 tablespoon lemon zest
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 cup roughly chopped parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
2. In a bowl, toss together the potatoes, 1 tablespoon oil and 1/4 teaspoon sea salt. Toss well to evenly coat the potatoes before placing on a baking sheet in a single layer.
3. Roast the potatoes for 20-25 minutes flipping once halfway through until fork tender and slightly golden on the outside.
4. While the potatoes roast, combine the remaining oil, shallot, lemon zest and juice, red wine vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt and ground black pepper in a small bowl. Whisk well to combine. Set aside.
5. Remove the potatoes from the oven and place in a large bowl. Add the vinaigrette and parsley to the bowl and toss well to coat.
6. Serve warm or room temperature.